How to get the perfect holiday look…our 5 top summer treatment tips
The sun is finally out and the smell of bbqs is in the air! We’re all definitely feeling the positive effects of that extra bit of vitamin D and the summer wardrobe has officially come out to play. So whether you’re staying at home, or going away, it’s time to get summer holiday ready.
Here’s our top 5 treatment tips to get holiday ready:
1) Waxing – it’s time to ‘de fur’ and get those legs, bikini lines, arms/under arms, lips and chins (and chests boys!) waxed ready for your swimwear and shorts debut. If you’re going away, or have a special event, we always advise getting your waxing done a couple of days beforehand so you don’t have that freshly plucked chicken look! And make sure you exfoliate a couple of days before waxing. Waxing usually lasts anywhere between 3 – 6 weeks, so this is a great way to stay hair-free for your holidays, saving the time and hassle of shaving when you want to be making the most of every minute of your holiday.
2) Spray tanning*– this is the safest and easiest way to get that all over glow, avoiding damaging your skin from over exposure to dangerous UVA and UVB rays. We always insist any waxing treatments are undertaken a couple of days before a spray tan so as not to cause any irritation to your skin. Exfoliation before a spray tan to remove dead skin will help maintain your tan for longer. A spray tan typically lasts for 5 to 10 days so this is a great way to start your summer holiday looking great. We think the Vita Liberata spray tan product we use is the best – it is toxin and paraben free with odour remove, perfect fade and flash dry technology with a moisture locking system. Don’t forget to use a good skin care regime over the summer and use sun screen protection. Check out this blog we wrote last year with our favourite summer skin products.
3) Eye lash lift and tint*– our lash lift and colour shot treatment is the perfect way to get luscious looking lashes without the hassle of using lash curlers and applying waterproof mascara daily on your summer holidays. The treatment lasts for up to 12 weeks, even after showering and swimming. Check out this blog which explains how the treatment works.
4) Eyebrow shape and tint*– eyebrows are all the rage at the moment and your summer look wouldn’t be complete without perfectly shaped eye-catching eyebrows. In addition to our traditional eyebrow tinting and shaping treatments check out our Billion Dollar Brow treatment which is great for achieving the perfect shape eyebrows to suit your face and our new Hello Henna brows treatment for great looking brows that last for up to 5 weeks using natural products.
5) Gel nails – lastly don’t forget those fingers and toes! Check out this blog which explains why we love Gelish manicures and pedicures. We have a fabulous range of colours to match your summer wardrobe and gel nails last for up to 3 weeks, another great hassle-free holiday option.
*A patch test is required 24-48 hours prior to these treatments
Here at The Beauty Spot our diary is already starting to get busy with pre-holiday treatment bookings, such as waxing Basingstoke. So don’t forget to plan and book your appointments well in advance using our online booking system or give us a call on 01256 460076.