We all hate that dreaded appointment with the tub of hot wax to get our bikini lines tidied up, but it’s a necessary evil, especially before your summer holiday, when the swim suits and bikinis come out.
So here’s our top 5 tips to try and take a bit of the ouch out of your bikini wax!
1) A warm (not hot) shower before waxing helps open your pores, making hair removal easier.
2) We can never say enough about the benefits to your skin of exfoliating. It also really helps pre-waxing as it removes dead skin cells and oils from the skin surface, providing better adhesion for the wax to grab the hairs.
3) Longer hair can make the process a lot more uncomfortable, so don’t leave it until your hairs are too long. However if the hairs are too short the wax won’t adhere properly, about ¼ inch is the minimum recommended length.
4) Much as a glass or two of wine might seem like a good idea pre-waxing its best to avoid alcohol coffee and caffeinated drinks for a few hours before your appointment as these can make your skin more sensitive.
5) 30 minutes before your waxing appointment take an Ibuprofen or Aspirin to lessen the pain.
Lastly we know it’s easier said than done, but try to relax!! The tenser you are, the more you will feel the pain.
We’re also often asked the difference between the types of bikini waxes available, so here’s our mini guide:
Bikini line standard – a simple tidy-up to remove hair that may be visible whilst wearing a bikini from the panty line, top of the waist band and upper thighs areas.
Bikini line extended – as above, but takes more off from around the panty line and top area, shaping it in to more of a triangle.
Brazilian – removes most of the hair from the front, leaving a small triangle or strip. Also takes all the hair from underneath and the back, so no hair would be visible when wearing a thong bikini.
Hollywood – completely removes all hair from the front, underneath and the back.
What style you go for is down to personal taste and may change depending on the occasion. Bikini wax Basingstoke – for advise on which bikini wax is right for you feel free to give us a call on 01256 460076.
You can BOOK your bikini wax appointment at The Beauty Spot online – Book online now
We’re located close to Basingstoke town centre in Cliddesden Road – we have free parking.